"HAIR IS MY ART-INSPIRED CANVAS"
Chrystofer Benson is highly respected in the professional beauty industry for his communication skills, exceptional creative vision, and technical talent that clearly defines him as a global industry leader and a MATRIX Artistic Director.
Vision, Passion, Drive, and Extraordinarily Creative.....are just a few of the words used to describe Chrystofer Benson. Working and educating globally, he is driven by his unparalleled creative energy to break down barriers and leave his mark and legacy on this world. As an avid competitor he has many International titles in Cutting, Color, and Styling from earlier in his career as well as the following highlights:
- 2013 - America’s Beauty Show – Leo Passage Gold Trophy – Overall Winner
- 2013 - America’s Beauty Show – COLORAMERICA - Colorist of the year - Winner
- 2013 - America’s Beauty Show – Texture Champion - Winner
- 2013 - America’s Beauty Show – Makeover Expert - Winner
- 2013 - BE! Beauty Entertainment Magazine USA Ranking - #4 Platform Artist and #12 Colorist
- 2012 - BE! Beauty Entertainment Magazine - Beauty Maker Award for Platform Artistry
- 2012 - NAHA - Avant Garde - Finalist
- 2011 - America’s Beauty Show – Urban Street Fashion - Winner
- 2011 - NAHA - Haircolor and Fashion Forward - Finalist
- 2010 - NAHA - Haircolor - North American Hair Colorist of the Year - Winner
- 2009 - NAHA - Haircolor - Finalist
- 2008 - NAHA - Contemporary Classic - Finalist
In 2004, Benson was tapped by the industry leader L'Oreal to be the Creative Lead Trainer of Education for the MATRIX Global Academy in NYC, which he led successfully for many years. MATRIX has since asked him and his exceptional artistic vision to be one of the beauty giant's Artistic Directors leading the direction for MATRIX on Trend Collections, Advertising and Consumer Campaigns, Spread The Love Campaign - Mentor, New Product Launches, and Training the Educational Standards. With his drive and vision, he is undeniably one of the most progressive hairstylists of our time, constantly touring with MATRIX; he delivers spellbinding shows, artistic main stage performances, creative trainings, and when not traveling, he spends his time at the salon in NYC or his private creative studio in Utah preparing his next collections.
Chrystofer also has an impressive body of international photo work from collaborations with photographers creating stunning images that elevate hairdressings overall art form. From Advertising, Beauty, Fashion, and Editorial campaigns, his work has graced the covers and pages of publications such as American Salon, Cosmopolitan, Culture, ELLE, Estetica, Hairdressers Journal, HD Canadian Hairdresser International, HOT Hair USA and Russia, Modern Salon, Nylon, Rouge, Redbook, Salon Magazine, and Vogue to name a few.
The Job: Matrix Artistic Director
Best Part: “Inspiring others to be creative, and reaching outside of their box to explore more of their own potential.”
Hardest Part: “Making sure the creation I am working on is the best thing I can deliver and that everyone on the team has the same understanding. Everything from the Artistic Team members, to the models, to the production team all need to be on the same page for everything to work in harmony.”
Best Advice to the industry: “Be better than your best!”